Monday 25 January 2016

The making of my contents page

The making of my contents page
After looking at my original AS contents page submission I was quick to see some errors in the choices I made in my magazine page. I decided that this contents page was too cluttered and was hard to read and scan quickly with the amount of writing that is on the page and I think that this would put readers off the magazine. I decided that I would use the same website I used when making my cover page. This was a website called Canva. By using Canva to edit and create my magazines pages this meant that all the pages to my magazine had the same look and feel that would draw the reader in and link the magazine together. I started of in Canva by selecting a background colour for my contents page. I decided against using white however I was also against using a bright colour sure as red or blue. From this I chose to use a dark grey almost black colour for my background and this helped to give my magazine a rock look and helped to start me off designing my magazine. Next I decided to add a title for my contents however I didn't think that it was right choice to have my title as 'Contents' so from there I decided to look at existing examples of rock magazines in order to establish what the correct title to use would be. Most magazines seem to use a rhetorical question in order to create interest with the reader so I decided that I would use the same and decided to use the title ' What's inside?'. This informs the reader about what is on this page and becomes a clear guide for the to use. I chose a bold clear font for this title and chose to make it in white in order to make it stand out on the page, by making it white this draws the reader attention to the title straight away and they are clear on what will be including on this page. After adding my title I decided to include some short headers at the top of the page which included the month of the issue, as well as a website the readers can go to for further information and the word 'trends'. I decided to add the words trends in the headers as it reinforces the knowledge to the readers about what they can expect to reader about. Next I decided that my magazine needed to include some information about the magazine so this was what I decided to include next. I decided to include some article titles and a small synopsis of what will be included in these articles, this will help the readers to understand what is going to be included in this magazine. I decided to make these in black as I didn't want them to stand out as much as the title. I then realised that my magazine was lacking an image so I browsed on the clip art section that Canva had and found some small clipart images that I think worked well with the overall look of the magazine. These small images helped to draw the page back to music as they included things like the play icon and pause etc. As I was able to change the colour of these symbols I decided to make them blue as it helped them to stand out on the page and connected the colour scheme back to the cover page.

I am very happy with the way the this contents page turned out, I feel that this contents fits better into the rock category more than my original page. I aimed to make a more conventional magazine than my last attempt and I think that this magazine page is much more conventional and professional looking than the previous contents page.






No comments:

Post a Comment