Friday 17 October 2014

Target Audience

Target Audience

When I think about the average target audience music magazine's get  I would immediately think of teens or young adults. However, depending on the magazine and the genre it has become known that adults and people of an older generation are also likely to buy a music magazine.


After looking over the statistics I have extracted for the National Readership Survey I can clearly see that there is a wide differentiation between some magazines. For example, Kerrang has a readership of 15-34 year old at about 192,000 where as its readership for over 35's is only 60,000. However, Q has a higher total of readers over 35.









I have decided I will try to aim my target audience towards teens and adults, young and old. I feel this will give me a wider range of music to express throughout my magazine. I also feel that if my target audience is wide that the type of music I can out into my magazine is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment