Tuesday 7 October 2014

Research

Research

Questions I have thought about?

1) Note down All the magazines I know in my genre
2) What does the title of the magazines convey to the audience.
3) What does the font of the magazine convey to the audience.
4)Think of possible titles for my magazine.
Answers I have concluded from my questions

My genre I will be basing my magazine on is Rock. All the rock magazines I am familiar with are:
  • Kerrang!
  • Rolling Stones
  • Rock Sound
  • NME
  • Classic Rock
  • Mojo
  • Metal Hammer
  • Spin
The title of these magazines convey different things
Kerrang!'s title is the sound of a guitar.
Rolling Stones is named after one of the greatest bands of all time.
Rock Sound conveys the genre and feeling of rock.
Classic Rock conveys the impression of old rock, classic rock.
Mojo conveys burgeoning interest in classic rock music.
Metal Hammer conveys the impression of heavy metal and hard core rock.

The font of these magazines:

These magazines have very bold and stand out mastheads. They catch the eye of people and they are mostly used of colours black, white and red.
All the magazines titles have a theme. Kerrang have a smashed header. Rolling Stones has a swirly title and the metal from metal hammer has been almost scribbled on.

No comments:

Post a Comment